Domain Name Transfer
A domain transferis a process, to transfer domain name from the management under one registrar to another registrar. The process of a domain transfer is a simple procedure. This article explains the steps required to successfully transfer a domain name from one registrar to another registrar
In order to process the domain transfer, you need to have domain under your ownership and a registrar that you want to transfer that domain to. Most registrars will have a form or an option on their website that you can select to ‘transfer domain’. Once you select this option, the registrar (that you are transferring your domain to) will have to contact – usually via email – the administrator of your domain.
It may take up to 5-7 days to transfer a domain from one registrar to another. This transfer in no way affects your website, email or DNS.
Why Transfer Your Domain
If you have more than one domain name, consolidating to a single registrar is a preferred approach or when you are consolidating all of your hosted solutions to a single provider .Or you might just wish to move to a different registrar with better packages and support.
Once you decide to move your domain name, you should get in touch with your registrar. Because they have access to your registration and domain management systems, they can usually arrange to move a domain name.[/fusion_text][/fullwidth][fullwidth background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”20″ padding_bottom=”20″ padding_left=”” padding_right=”” hundred_percent=”yes” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][separator style_type=”single” top_margin=”” bottom_margin=”” sep_color=”#007dc5″ border_size=”” icon=”” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_color=”” width=”” alignment=”center” class=”” id=””]
Prepare Your Domain for Transfer
- Domains must be valid and already registered with another registrar
- Domains must be registered for at least 60 days
- Make sure your domain name is not locked at current registrar
- Make sure your domain name is not expired
- Try to initiate your transfer at least 7 days prior to expire date, so there will be enough time to complete the process
- Transfers will succeed only if the Admin Contact information is up-to-date
- Make sure that you have access to the email address listed as the admin contact
- You must obtain an authorisation code to transfer to Domain.com
- Transfers will take between 5 and 7 days under normal circumstances
- Register or Login in to Account Manager and then Go to home page & click on Domain Transfer Button
2. You will see the Transfer Domain manage window(See below pic), fill your domain name that you wish to transfer (ex-getsetlive.com) then click on transfer button. You will see the Congratulation message. Then click on Continue tab.
3. Fill up details (See below image) (EPP Code and NS Server information)
Submit your transfer through GetSetLive account
Check your email to authorize and finally receive email confirmation of successful transfer.
Note – The registry notifies us, and then we email you instructions to complete the transfer. If you do not accept or deny the transfer request in your account with us within five days, we automatically complete the transfer. See Accepting or Declining a Transfer to Another Registrar for more information. The registry notifies your new registrar of the transfer’s acceptance or rejection. We email you confirmation when the transfer completes. A transfer between registrars takes five to seven days to complete after you authorise it.