WordPress Blog Link Building 4: People Profile Pages
This is about creating profile pages of popular figures associated with your business.
If you are working with people who are renowned, are interviewed often and speak at conferences, you should create profile pages for them and host it on your website.
This is a really good way of getting links whenever they are quoted. How? When they are quoted, approach the websites and ask for a link back to the profile page hosted on your website.
You can use tools like Google Alerts or Mention to keep a track of mentions.
This is a long-term strategy but a static one. You do not have to put in hours searching for name mentions.
As and when they happen, email the publisher for a back link. It will build links in the long run and they are bound to be editorial.
Here is a brief outline of the process.
- Collect information about the people whom you wish to feature in the organization.
- Prepare the profile pages and make it ‘live’.
- Use tools to find where the names are mentioned.
- Filter the sites. Include those sites to approach which are of high value.
- Check whether the page already includes a link to your website profile page. If not, email the website owner with a request to add the link.
Check out this informative post to delve deeper – Link Building with Interviews.